Today i am going to share a tutorial of How To Root Moto G 3rd Gen , Unlock Bootloader & Install Custom Recovery. To Root your Moto G 3rd Gen , You need to unlock its Bootloader first. Then install custom recovery TWRP. After install custom recovery , then flash rooting file from custom recovery TWRP to gain the root access.
Rooting an Android device gives users the ability to make aesthetic changes by installing custom ROMs and overcome the limitations placed on a device by phone carriers, such as pre-loaded apps. Tweaking the OS on your device to fit your needs can free up memory space, optimize your phone’s speed and possibly save battery life.
Benefits Of Rooting:
Install Custom ROM for better performance. Block Ads in apps using ad blocker. Increase battery life by killing background process. Backup & Restore apps & data using Titanium Backup. Uninstall Inbuilt App .
Read Before Proceeding:
- This could void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible for anything that happens from doing this tutorial so please proceed at your own risk.
- This should first unlock the bootloader on your device which will erase all the data stored on your device. So, backup anything that’s important for you before going ahead.
- This procedure should only work on Windows based PCs.
- This should also flash a custom recovery on your device.
1. Unlock Bootloader of your Moto G 3rd Gen 2015.
Unlocking process is so simple and all you have to visit the Motorola Page here and follow the onscreen instruction. To follow this guide you need a Motorola or Google account.
2. You need to install TWRP so Download the recovery.img file from given link : Source
3. Download Motorola USB Drivers : Click Here.
4. Download Minimal Fastboot & Install it on desktop : Click Here
5. Download Latest Super Su File : Click Here
How To Unlock The Bootloader On The Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen):
1. Install Motorola USB Drivers & Download Minimal Fastboot and extract files.
2. Now Enable USB Debugging & Allow OEM Unlock on your device:
- Goto Menu > Settings > About phone on your device and tap on Build number for 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer. It’ll unlock developer options for you.
- Goto Menu > Settings > Developer options and enable Allow OEM Unlock.
- Goto Menu > Settings > Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
3. Now Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
4. Now open Mfastboot Folder and now Hold the shift key and right click on the mouse the in any black space in that folder you will see open command window here click on that.
5. Now Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Your device should reboot into bootloader mode.
7. When in bootloader mode, type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window and press Enter:
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
8. Now just copy that code in notepad and delete all the blank space so that you will get a single line string.
9. Now visit to the Motorola Bootloader website (Sign on the site with you Gmail Id or Google +)
10. Now Follow the bootloader unlock procedure on the site , Paste the long code in the site and click on Can my device be unlocked
11. Follow the on-screen instructions to get an unlock key delivered to your email.
12. When you get the key in your gmail id now copy that code and go back to command prompt and type the following code and hit enter. (Replace YOURKEY with the actual key that you copied)
fastboot oem unlock YOURKEY
13. Congratulation you Just unlocked bootloader or Moto G 3rd gen.
Your bootloader should now be unlocked and your device is ready to be flashed with a custom recovery.
How To Install Custom Recovery TWRP :
1. After Unlocking Bootloader, turn off your device. Again turn on your device by holding (Volume down button and power button) at the same time for 6 sec and release it you will again see the bootloader.
2. Now connect your device to your PC. Then copy twrp-osprey-2.8.7-test1.img that you Downloaded above and paste it in the mfastboot folder.
3. Now navigate to mfastboot folder where you installed earlier. Hold the shift key and right click on the mouse the in any blank area in that folder you will see “Open command window here” click on that.
4. Now type the below code in command prompt and hit enter. (Rename the recovery file you have downloaded to twrp.img)
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
5. Wait for it to flash TWRP Recovery on your device.
6. When it’s done flashing TWRP, reboot your device by issuing the following command:
7. Your device should reboot.
8. You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery in your Moto G 3rd Gen.
How To Root Moto G 3rd Gen:
1. Now Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable & Copy SuperSU .zip from your desktop over to the internal SD card storage on your device.
2. Open a Command Prompt Window on your desktop by holding down Shift and right-clicking anywhere on your screen and selecting Open command window here.
3. Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window and hit Enter:
adb reboot recovery
4. Your device should reboot into TWRP Recovery.
5. When your device enters the recovery mode, tap on Install.
6. Select SuperSU .zip file to be installed on your device.
7. Tap on Swipe to Confirm Flash to confirm the flash process.
8. Now Wait for it to flash SuperSU on your device.
9. When it’s done flashing SuperSU, reboot your device by selecting Reboot followed by System.
10. Your device should reboot.